DENTSPLY PROTAPER UNIVERSAL ROTARY FILES – REFILLS
- 3 Files Shaping System
- Variable Cross Section
- 2nd Generation Rotary File
- Unique ‘Multiple Taper’ Design
- Following working length determination and establishing a reproducible glide path, each instrument should be used progressively down to the working length.
- Irrigation is necessary before engaging the files
- The instruments are to be cleaned after use
- Use ProTaper rotary files at a constant and stable speed between 150 to 350 rpm
- Once working length is reached, the file should be withdrawn
Most clinical cases can be completed using the following instrumentation sequence:
S1 – S2 – F1
S1 File is used to prepare the coronal 1/3rd of the root canal
S2 File is used to prepare the middle 1/3rd of the root canal
F1 File is used to prepare the apical portion of the root canal
In cases where the apical portions of the canal are wide the following files can be included after the basic instrumentation sequence:
- Wide apical portions – F2 and F3
- Very wide apical portions – F4 and F5
When there is a necessity to increase the taper of the coronal portion of the canal the SX file can be used with a brushing action. It can also help in moving the coronalaspect offthe canal away from the furcation.
- Nickel Titanium rotary files
- Unique multiple taper design
- Easy, Fast and Efficient shaping of root canal
- Only one instrument sequence for most cases
- Easy to remember colour coded protocol
- High cutting efficiency
- Increased apical taper for better debridement
- Non-cutting guiding tip to minimize canal deviations
Dentsply ProTaper Universal is a rotary endodontic file composed of nickel titanium alloy. The ProTaper files are supplied as two variants to be used in different phases of shaping the root canals in endodontic therapy. They are the ProTaper Shaping files and the ProTaper Finishing files. The ProTaper rotary files aid in efficient biomechanical preparation of the root canal. Rotary ProTaper file system is a comprehensive endodontic file system that has been specially designed to meet the needs of clinicians. The ProTaper rotary files speed and torque values have been specified by the manufacturer for maximum efficiency. The taper of ProTaper files can is variable throughout the cross section of the rotary file. They help the clinician carry out easy, fast and efficient root canal shaping procedures. Only one instrument sequence is required irrespective of the shape of the canal. The files are colour coded for easy and instant identification and following the shaping protocol is relatively easy. Specifically designed drying (paper points) and obturation (gutta percha points) solutions are available, intended for use in canals shaped using the ProTaper Universal system. The ProTaper system reduces chair time taken as only 3 instruments are required for most cases. The files have high cutting power and an apical taper for enhancing cleaning of the canals.
The ProTaper files have a progressively tapered triangular cross section with a high cutting efficiency. The contact of the instrument with dentine is reduced to prevent screwing. The variable helix angle, non-cutting guiding tip and unique multiple taper design ensure better elimination of debris. The file respects the root canal path better. Also, the non-cutting guiding tip reduces the possibility of accidental perforation of the floor of the pulp chamber or furcation.
The following files are included in the ProTaper Universal System:
- Shaping files – S1, S2 and SX
- Finishing files – F1, F2, F3, F4 and F5
Excluding the SX file all other files are available in lengths of 21 mm, 25 mm and 31 mm.
Corresponding ISO sizes of Finishing Files